Timeline and Campaign Guidelines
- No campaign is to spend more than $20.00 (if any money at all) on their campaign.
- Submit copies of all receipts with your name and position you are running for to your Coordinator of Student Development (CSD) at the front desk.
- Candidates are responsible for any campaign-related purchases and will not be reimbursed.
Printed Posters and Signage
- Prior to posting, ALL signs must be approved by the CSD for your community.
- Approval process: Email photo of electronic design/physical (handmade) posters to your CSD.
- If unapproved/inappropriate signs are posted, judicial action may be taken, and you may be disqualified from the election.
- Signs may only be posted in public places (e.g., lounges, main lobby, etc.).
- Signs must be hung up using blue painters tape, provided for you at your front desk. That is the only item that University Housing/the Community is permitted to contribute to your campaign.
- Signs may not be posted on railings, windows, doors, floors, or safety-equipment (e.g., fire alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency equipment). Sidewalk chalking is prohibited.
- No signs can, in any way, cover up another candidate’s sign that was hung previously.
- If a person running for a Council position, or an acquaintance of that person, removes or damages any of their competitors’ signs, they will be disqualified.
- Signs must be taken down by 12:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 1st, 2016
- Approval process: Email advertisement to your CSD prior to posting.
- Posting of approved content to the building/community Facebook page can be done with the permission of your CSD.
- Candidates may campaign via personal social media accounts, but should keep all communications appropriate. If inappropriate campaign-related communications take place, judicial action may be taken, and you may be disqualified from the election.
Important Dates to Remember
|Monday, September 19||Community Council Interest Session|
|Friday, September 23||Campaigning Begins!|
|Monday, September 26||Deadline to register as a candidate. Candidate Registration Due by 5 p.m. No late registrations will be accepted.
“Meet the Candidates” night will begin between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
|Tuesday, September 27 through
Thursday, September 29
|Community Council Elections! Vote online through the Survey Monkey address sent to your Cal Poly e-mail. POLLS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT!|
|Friday, September 30||Election Results Posted at the front desk of each community.|
|Monday, October 3||Council Meet and Greet and overview of Leadership Conference.|
|Saturday, October 8||IHC Leadership Conference for all newly elected leaders. Hosted in Baker Science Building from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday, October 10||First Full Community Council Meeting! Business as usual.|