Event Team Position Description
Cal Poly’s Inter Housing Council (IHC) Event Team is a group of students who are paid to plan and facilitate late night, weekend, and large-scale events for the entire on-campus student community. Interested applicants should have high self-motivation, strong time-management skills, event-planning knowledge and desire leadership experience and professional development.
- Collaborate and communicate as a team to create and implement large scale events
- Events are primarily hosted on Fridays and Saturdays, and in proximity to academic holidays
- Events primarily run from 9 pm to midnight with 2 hours of setup beforehand
- Apply social justice knowledge to plan inclusive programs
- Delegate and accept tasks for events
- Actively participate in the events by interacting with residents and taking initiative to promote the event and IHC as a whole
- Obtain facilities, entertainment, food, and equipment for event
- Evaluate events and marketing strategies for future improvements
- Be the designated Event Lead to at least 1 event during the year
- Participate in training at the beginning of the academic year and go through a planning session before each quarter
- Maintain ~10 hours of work weekly in ROLO (Residential Outreach & Leadership Office)
- Be available to attend all Event Team events (these are approximately 7 Friday or Saturday nights per quarter and WOW (Week of Welcome))
- Attend all weekly 2-hour Event Team meetings, participating in professional and career development exercises
- Qualities needed for success as an Event Team member include open-mindedness, critical thinking, collaborative approach, and ability to take initiative.
- Participate in marketing and outreach including:
- Create flyers
- Help manage Event Team’s social media (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat & Instagram)
- Table at outreach events
- Develop unique and creative ways to reach our student population
Compensation for this position is $10.50/hour for up to 20 hours per week.
Training begins Monday, Sept. 4, 2017. Availability during Week of Welcome is highly preferred.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted via eRezLife.